Current Job Postings
Georgetown Police Department
Now Hiring: Victim Services Specialist
Base Salary: $38,500
Opening Date: August 5, 2020 Closing Date: August 14, 2020
Summary of Job Description:
The Victim Services Specialist, a non-sworn position with the Town of Georgetown, is responsible for
providing short-term and long-term crisis intervention and support services to victims of crime and their families by determining their needs and guiding them in acquiring the necessary assistance. Follow up services will be conducted by means of in-person contact and telephone support. Cases handled are often of a sensitive nature due to highly stressful or traumatic conditions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related field plus one year of experience with direct interaction with the public, preferably with victims of crime in the law enforcement field and knowledge of victim issues or
• Associate’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, or related field plus three years of experience with direct interaction with the public, preferably with victims of crime in the law enforcement field and knowledge of victim issues.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is a must.
• Experience in verbal and written interpretation is strongly preferred.
• Must be knowledgeable, or willing to be trained, in crisis intervention techniques, case management methods, and social services available to the public.
• Must be willing to be trained in Georgetown Police policies and procedures in dealing with victims and survivors of crime.
• Conduct follow-up calls and visits with victims, families, and witnesses to determine needed assistance and/or make referrals to other agencies/resources as necessary
• Must be available to be on call 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays. This position will be compensated for on-call status.
• Assist law enforcement officers with victims and/or families with translation/interpretation, transportation, emotional support, and referral services
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with town employees, other governmental agencies, crime victims and the general public
• Responsible for keeping track of all client services provided. Grant reports are to be submitted on a quarterly basis through electronic format.
• Will accompany clients to courts for petition filings and hearings/trials
• May be required to accompany clients and officers at hospitals for emergency services
• Provide outreach services to the community at local and state events
• Assist administration in annual renewal process for grant funding
• Perform related duties as required.
• Applicants must submit an Employment Application (located here or on the Town of
Georgetown website) and resume.
• Oral Board Interviews will be conducted for eligible candidates.
• Must pass drug screening, background and criminal history checks
• Salary is $38,500 plus additional compensation for on-call status
• Comprehensive medical insurance package
• Take-home vehicle
• Paid leave for holidays, vacation and sick time
• Pension plan available for civilian employees
• Education Assistance program
Applications and resumes may be mailed or dropped off in person at:
Georgetown Police Department
ATTN: Human Resources
335 North Race Street
Georgetown, DE 19947
“This position is grant-funded through the Delaware Criminal Justice Council by the U.S. Department of Justice,
Office of Justice Programs, Office for Victims of Crime. Grant funds are subject to renewal.”
Posted: Department: Aug-5-2020 Police Department More Details...