UPDATED - TOWN OFFICES CLOSED TO PUBLIC
|Date:||March 20, 2020|
TOWN MODIFIES OFFICE PROCEDURES
EFFECTIVE MARCH 20, 2020
As part of precautions against the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Town of Georgetown will be implementing additional safeguards consistent with guidance from State and Federal health agencies. It remains our goal to provide core services at the highest level of competency while protecting the health of staff and customers by implementing several social distancing procedures aimed at limiting group contact and reducing the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Unless further restrictions are implemented, our offices remain closed to the general public; however, a reduced number of administrative staff will be present at any one time. Several staff members are working remotely but will remain available by email and phone to address questions from the public, residents, and contractors.
Additional specifics are as follows:
Board of Adjustment
- The Board of Adjustment Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, 2020 is cancelled
Building Permits/Business Licenses
- Applications can be found on the Town’s website (www.georgetowndel.com) and submitted electronically
- Copies of plans can be submitted electronically, via email, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or through the mail
- Staff will make contact with any questions or upon completion of your application
- For code violations or complaints, please call (302) 856-6613
- Customers needing to record deeds, please either mail the documents to Town of Georgetown, 37 The Circle, Georgetown, DE 19947, or email Laura Givens at email@example.com to schedule an appointment
- All payments can be made online via the Town’s website at http://www.georgetowndel.com/pay-online/
- A Drop Box is also available outside our Administrative Offices – No cash please
Planning & Zoning
- Copies of plans and applications can be submitted electronically, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or through the mail
- For non-emergencies please call (302) 855-2980
- In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1
- Water service disconnects have been suspended
- Late fees and penalties are not being assessed on past due balances
- For Sewer emergencies call (302) 841-3936
- For Water emergencies call (302) 236-2647
We continue not allowing the public into our buildings and facilities which includes Town Hall, Town Administrative Offices, Public Works Building, and Wastewater Treatment Facility.
We understand that this is a challenging and evolving situation. We will continue to do our utmost to process your submittals in a consistent, timely fashion, though some permitting delays may occur.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during these circumstances and urge you to stay safe as well.
If you have any questions, please contact Town Offices at (302) 856-7391.