Positions and Responsibilities
Eugene S. Dvornick, Jr., ICMA-CM, Town Manager
Education: Shepherd College (BS), Virginia Tech (MAcc)
The Town Manager is responsible for the execution of policies established by the Town Council and for providing administrative direction for all town departments (Administration, Planning, Police, Public Works, Streets, Wastewater and Water).
Major functions include:
- Analyzing primary policy and preparing alternative actions;
- Supervising department directors and Town Clerk;
- Working closely with the Town Solicitor;
- Developing and monitoring annual work program;
- Preparing and monitoring annual budget;
- Providing interface with federal, State, and local institutions and agencies;
- Serving as the public information center for the Town; and
- Acting as the town’s representative in negotiations, intergovernmental efforts, and ceremonial activities as requested by Council
- City Management Association of Delaware
- Delaware Association for Public Administration
- Delaware League of Local Governments
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- State of Delaware, Water Infrastructure Advisory Council
- Sussex County Association of Towns
- First State Community Action Agency
- Georgetown Aid, Inc.
- Georgetown-Millsboro Rotary Club
- Sussex County Habitat for Humanity, Advisory Board
- United Way of Delaware, Sussex County Advisory Committee
Mr. Dvornick is a firm believer in strong communities and enjoys working with the residents and Council to maintain and improve Georgetown.
The Town Clerk performs responsible administrative work in the maintenance of official municipal records of the Town and serves as support staff for the Mayor & Council and Town Manager. The Town Clerk also serves as Town Election Manager and Voter Registrar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Town Manager, Mayor and Town Council; prepares correspondence; establishes and maintains files and records; schedules appointments; assists with citizen inquiries.
- Provides administrative assistance to supervisor in meeting management; assembles and distributes background materials, prepares agendas, minutes, public notices, and records action items for the Town Council and any other organizations as may be assigned.
- Assists in the development of notices, flyers, brochures, newsletters, media releases, news articles and other informational materials in reference to Town business.
- Responsible for updating Town website with current information.
- Prepares and/or publishes legal notices as required.
- Responsible for the proper indexing and filing of all legislative activity and other public records; oversees the codification of ordinances into the municipal code.